New England ISA Diversity and Inclusion Fund Online Application Form
The New England Chapter is a professional member organization that connects its communities to the world of arboriculture through advocacy for education, research, and the awareness of the benefits of trees.
The New England Chapter ISA’s Diversity and Inclusion Fund is meant to provide grants to those underrepresented in our chapter’s population endeavoring to deepen their knowledge of arboriculture through participation in conferences, workshops, and other events. Having varied perspectives helps generate progress in an ever complex and increasingly diverse world.
Up to $1000 per request.
What Can Funds Be Used For?
Funds may be used for professional development including training and education as well as any related expenses.
- Applicants must reside in New England (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, or Vermont) and be pursuing professional development in the field of arboriculture.
- Preference will be given to NEC-ISA opportunities and opportunities in New England.
Applications may be submitted at any time. Applicants are encouraged to plan ahead, well in advance of the event. Applications will be reviewed by the NEC-ISA Board of Directors. Applications must be submitted at least one week prior to the event.
Please send a statement (approximately 250-500 words) using the media of your choice to NEC-ISA that addresses the following 3 items:
- Describe how your interest in the chosen professional development activity supports diversity and inclusion within the New England Chapter arboriculture community.
- Describe your professional development needs and expected outcomes.
- Describe your funding needs.
- If the educational opportunity is located outside of New England, describe why travel outside of the region is necessary (e.g., representing New England in competition, an opportunity not offered in the region, etc.).
If you need accommodations with this process, please contact us [email protected].
The New England Chapter ISA will reimburse the amount approved. After attending the event, email receipts to [email protected]. If this proves to be a financial burden, please contact us at 978-844-0441 and we will arrange pre-payment.
Apply Online (below) or Mail application to:
P.O. Box 435
Norwell, MA 02061